A preliminary hazard analysis aims to analyze and assess risks arising from a hazardous material discharge linked to a facility or group of facilities. It takes into account causes intrinsic to the substances, equipment, or facilities used, associated with management and human factors as well as others owing to the proximity of internal or external risks. In addition, existing measures (protective barriers) to prevent or intervene if a discharge does occur are also evaluated.
Carrying out a preliminary hazard assessment allows for:
- Overall control of risks by reducing dangers at the source and/or by installing protective barriers to limit the likelihood of an occurrence and the effects of the risks identified (prevention and protection)
- Developing or updating of emergency response structures and plans
- Potential communication of risks to stakeholders (potentially affected populations, authorities, staff, etc.)
- Fostering the emergence of a culture of preparedness in the vicinity of the premises, including within the framework of the implementation of a joint municipal industrial committee (CMMI)
- Development of emergency preparedness diagrams and plans and the determination of land-use rules
Why choose Multi Risk International? Our team has extensive experience in carrying out these types of studies in industries as varied as food, pulp and paper, chemicals, petrochemicals, and energy.
With an efficient approach suited to your needs, our team will help you:
- Reach your risk management objectives on time and on budget
- Carry out a preliminary risk assessment efficiently according to international best practices
- Draw up a clear, precise, and realistic plan of action
Looking for more information? Please feel free to contact us. Our team will provide you with detailed information and offer your organization solutions tailored to its needs, thus increasing its resilience and adaptability.
Take advantage of the best advice in the field for a proactive approach in the event of a crisis.